Sunday, October 14, 2012

Guilt-free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

Yesterday, my 2 year old (which will be lovingly referred to as DD - dear daughter - on this blog) randomly decided she wanted cookies. Of course she does.. because we're out of cookies. I usually am not up for making cookies because I tend to not have the patience for baking. I over- or under-cook a lot of things. I knew we had everything we needed to make cookies, though, and figured I could find a "healthy" recipe.

I looked through my Jessica Seinfeld cookbook but didn't have the chickpeas I'd need, so I went to Pinterest. I found these: World's Healthiest Chocolate Chip Cookies.  (Also I'm pretty sure Chocolate Covered Katie is going to become a new favorite food blog!  Healthy desserts?  I'm sold!)


Because I don't want to inadvertently claim credit for this - or any - recipe by reposting on my blog, click the link above for the original recipe. Here is how I made the cookies:

I used 1/4c. whole wheat flour and 1/3c. unbleached all-purpose flour
I didn't measure how much chocolate chips I used, I just poured my bag of mini chocolate chips until it looked like enough
I used brown sugar, white sugar and melted Best Life Buttery Spread
I also added about a tablespoon of flax seed and a handful (1/3c?) of old-fashioned oats.

I made 9 cookies.

I didn't chill the dough but the cookies still came out soft and delicious.  Even my picky husband loves these!

Nutrional Info*
Guilt-free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Calories: 98
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Sodium: 81mg
Potassium: 17mgCarbs: 17g
Fiber: >1g
Sugars: 9g
Protein: 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment